Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Master’s degree in Commerce/Investment/Finance/Mineral Economics is desired.
12 - 15 years of experience in mining sector (Upstream) covering metallic and/or industrial minerals, Mining Strategy or Project Finance, have managed M&A deals in mining industry and developed green field projects.
Special Skills & Knowledge:
In-depth knowledge of:
- Industry structure, Industry environment, Business assessment, Financial modelling.
- Business Development, Partnering Experience.
- Mergers and Acquisitions in Mining Sector.
- Mining, Geology and Processing.
- Valuation of Mining Projects.
- Computer Literacy in MS Office.
- Commercial Minded with Good Investment Exposure.
- Experience in technical and commercial evaluation of investment opportunities in the mining sector.
- Ability to lead new investment initiatives and manage negotiations.
- Knowledge of overall mining industry trends and complexities and able to operate as a professional on multiple projects.
- Ability to influence the management and potential partners through written/interpersonal, presentation skills, and the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects and challenges.
- Good track record in Business Development and Investment Analysis.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- High analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Team Building and people skills.
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Result oriented.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of Arabic will be a distinct advantage.
This position requires high level of business understanding.