Current Investments

Mazoon Mining LLC

MDO (71%) and Oman Mining Company (29%) formed Mazoon Mining LLC as a JV to develop the Yanqul copper/gold project located within Block 10. Block 10 is a 370 sq km area 256 km from Muscat and 150 km from Sohar consisting of five known copper and gold deposits (Al Asghar, Hayal As Safil, Al Bishara, Al Jadded and Rakah). Collectively they are referred to as the Yanqul Project and account for 10% of the total Block 10 area.

Manajem Mining LLC

A JV, with with MDO holding 40% of the shares and the remaining 60% owned by Mawarid Mining, was signed on the 31st of January 2018. Project Manajem Mining LLC will jointly complete an exploration program for metallic minerals, mainly copper and gold, in Blocks 1 & 2, located within the northern most portion of Oman 40 km east of Sohar and 250 km ESE of Muscat, covering an area of 540 sq km.

Oman Chromite Company (OCC)

In August 2018 MDO acquired 15% of OCC shares at a price-per-share of OMR 1,399.

Ahjaar Mining LLC

The Liwa Gabbro Project is located in Liwa and has an area of about 2 sq km. An SPV with Oman’s Assarain Group and Al Fajar is under formation to develop the project. Together, MDO (40%) , Assarain Enterprises LLC (30%)  and Al Fajar Al Alamia Co. SAOG (30%) are working on the execution of the DFS wherein Assarain will undertake an off-take of 300,000 tons per annum.